MeeBlip (for sale)
This is an open source hardware and software synth. Its also called "The Hackable Digital Synth" on the front panel. In its plastic housing of 17 x 12.5 x 6.5 cm (incl. knobs) you will find a little synth with all major synth parameters available. But no patch storage in the original version. Version 2 introduced patch memory and changed the layout.
- 2 digital oscillators with square and sawtooth waveshape
- a digital filter with resonance offering a selectable highpass or lowpass mode
- 1 ADSR envelope
- 1 LFO with square or triangle waveshape
- 8 parameter knobs with a second parameter function for 4 of them
- a Volume knob
- 4 tiny swithces to select the MIDI channel in binary mode
- 15 parameter changing switches
- 1 switch to select the mode of the four double used knobs
- 1 red LED to notify you of incoming MIDI data
- 9V DC input
- MIDI In
- Audio Out
No soldering was involved assembling the kit. And it was easy to do. No rocket science needed.
The synth is based on the 8-bit microcontroller ATmega32 chip. So this is not a superb high end quality synth for a super price.
As this is an open source synth, you find its schematics and more details github.com/MeeBlip
But this synth is except for the 4 dual purpose knobs fully WYSIWYG synth without menues. And you will not miss a manual once you assembled it.
The sound character is a nice grouchy one. It reminded me (my personal option!) of a Access Virus A with squared aliasing.